The new Renaissance cathedral

After demolishing the three pre-existing churches, the cathedral was rebuilt between 1491 and 1498 for Cardinal Domenico della Rovere, bishop of Turin but residing in Rome at the Papal See. The work was entrusted to a Tuscan architect already active in Rome, Amedeo da Settignano also called Meo del Caprina, who brought in Piedmont the new forms of the Renaissance.

© 2018 Duomo di Torino. All Rights Reserved

Attenzione - Browser non aggiornato

Per vedere il sito correttamente aggiorna il tuo bwroser. Aggiorna il mio browser