The Chapel of the Holy Shroud

Turin, capital of the Duchy of Savoy since 1563, welcomed the Shroud – which at the time belonged to the Savoy – in 1578. After demolishing the apse of the Renaissance cathedral, an extraordinary chapel was built to guard it. The dome of the Chapel of the Holy Shroud, designed by Guarino Guarini, was finished in the eighties of the seventeenth century. It is a masterpiece of Baroque architecture.

© 2017 Duomo di Torino. All Rights Reserved

Attenzione - Browser non aggiornato

Per vedere il sito correttamente aggiorna il tuo bwroser. Aggiorna il mio browser

×