Around the entrance portal some Renaissance sculptures are visible: on the right hand side the fifteenthcentury mausoleum of the Countess Joan of Orlier; on the left the remains of the Romagnano family’s sepulchre, representing bishop Amedeo and his father, Count Antonio. There is also the 1604 painting by Antonio Parentani

Continue reading


The Chapel of Saints Biagio and Onorato

The altar was built in 1663. Of the same time is the central canvas, painted by Charles Dauphin, showing the Communion of St. Honore, the patron saint of bakers. In the painting the holy bishop of Amiens is portrayed by the altar in the act of receiving the Holy Communion

Continue reading


The Chapel of the blacksmith and goldsmith guilds

The chapel is still under the patronage of the Guild of blacksmiths and goldsmiths. It formerly hosted a painting by Bartolomeo Caravoglia, badly damaged during a bombing in 1943. Today it is adorned with a seventeenth-century painting depicting St. Eligius. On the sides there are two eighteenth century ovals representing

Continue reading


The Chapel of St. Luke

In 1652 the altar was dedicated to St. Luke, the patron of artists, with the patronage of the “University of the painters, sculptors and architects of Turin.” In the nineteenth century it assumed its present appearance and in 1920 the large canvas, painted by Luigi Guglielmino, representing St. Luke and

Continue reading


The Chapel of the Madonna Grande

The Chapel of Our Lady of the Snow was also called of the Madonna Grande or of the Blessed Parish Virgin in memory of the primitive church of Santa Maria del Dompno, from which the fifteenth century painted terracotta statue comes. In 1863 the side statues of Saints Joachim and

Continue reading


The Chapel to Saints Crispin and Crispian

The chapel is dedicated to Saint Orso, Crispin and Crispian, protectors of the guild of Shoemakers. The altarpiece, built in the early sixteenth century, is the work of Martin Spanzotti, with the collaboration of Defendente Ferrari. In the center, the Virgin is portrayed while breast feeding. On the sides, after

Continue reading


The Chapel of St. Michael the Archangel

The large canvas portraying Our Lady and Child with Saints John the Baptist, Archangel Michael, Filippo Neri and Francis de Sales, is a masterpiece by the painter Giovanni Bartolomeo Caravoglia and was painted in 1655. In the paintings on its side one can see two more saints very dear to

Continue reading